Monday, July 21, 2014

DIY Chalkboard

Hi there!  We're so glad you stopped by!  
I wanted to share something I made, and possibly give you a gift idea for any upcoming bridal showers, engagement parties, or any other miscellaneous events that people may be counting down to (babies, birthdays, vacations, Holidays, Etc...) 
Kelly is usually the creative genius when it comes to crafts, but I had to create a gift on a budget that I wanted to share for anyone else who may need some inspiration for something quick and affordable.
 
A countdown chalkboard!
 
I took step-by-step photos as I was making it, but the photos have since become inaccessible.  I'm sorry! 
 
I bought the chalkboard at a local craft store, as well as the large burlap flower.  I used my cricut machine to cut out the letters.  If you do not own a cricut, you can buy precut letters in the scrapbook section of any craft store.  Instead of buying the expensive cricut vinyl, I buy contact paper at the dollar store.  After the recipients are married, they can easily peel the "I DO" off of the chalkboard and use it for other events. 
The pink frame is actually a small chalkboard that I glued to the larger chalkboard.  
The supplies cost approximately $10, and it took less than 20 minutes to make. Perfect for busy moms!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Turkey and Veggie Egg Bake

Hi!  We're so glad you stopped by!  I apologize for the lack of recipe updates.  To be honest, I didn't think anyone would want ...