Saturday, March 8, 2014

Taco Salad

Hi there!  We're so glad you stopped by! 
Here in Minnesota we have had a very long, very frigid winter!  We had to endure over 50 days of negative temps.  I think I am speaking for all of my fellow Minnesotans when I say we're ready for spring! 
 
I started college full-time for Paralegal Studies, so I apologize for my lack of posts!  School has been taking up a lot of my time.  I have not been able to spend as much time planning and preparing large meals for my family.  We've been eating a lot of slow cooker meals, and dinners that takes less than 20 minutes to prepare.  The recipe I am going to share with you tonight is one that is quick, easy, and you probably have all of the ingredients in your pantry!  My siblings are probably so sick of this recipe because I requested to have it for dinner every week while growing up. 
 
TACO SALAD
 
 
What you'll need: 
1 lb. ground beef
1 package taco seasoning
1 14.5oz can of diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 4oz can sliced or crushed black olives
1 bag of Doritos
1 8oz package Mexican blend cheese, shredded
Head of lettuce, chopped
1/3 C. water
While browning the ground beef (with the taco seasoning), I gently hit the bag of Doritos on the kitchen counter a few times to break the chips into smaller pieces.  Don't overdo it, you don't want the chips to be tiny.  
 
Empty the bag into a large pot with the black olives, cheese, diced tomatoes with green chilies, and pour the water over the ingredients.  Cook on low, stirring occasionally.  
 
 
Once the ground beef is cooked through, add it to the pot, increase the heat to medium, and stir, stir, stir. 
 
 
You only need to cook it on medium for a few minutes.  You want the chips to be soft, but not soggy.  
You can also try it with corn and black beans. 
Top it with sour cream, taco sauce, salsa, or any other taco fixings you prefer.  
Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Turkey and Veggie Egg Bake

Hi!  We're so glad you stopped by!  I apologize for the lack of recipe updates.  To be honest, I didn't think anyone would want ...