Monday, December 16, 2013

Rustic Christmas Mantel

Hi there.  We are so glad you stopped by! 
I don't know about you, but Christmas for me, is coming up quickly.
I don't know if it's because we have been so busy this year, or if age has something to do with it.  I swear the older I get, the faster time goes.
So let's not waste another minute.  I want to share our Rustic Christmas Mantel with you.

I am really loving burlap and brown this year.  The simplistic look of it just feels cozy to me.
I picked up these metal angels and the burlap poinsettia this fall and decided they would be the theme for my mantel.
I started with my old window as the base piece.
I put a string of lights behind it to give it a nice glow.
A simple way to spruce up your Christmas trees is to put them in a crock surrounded by burlap.  
I love this look.  Simple meets cozy.
On the other side, I decided to add lights, burlap and ornaments to this tree, and batting in the crock, to give it the look of snow.
I added pine branches around the crocks, tucked in some bulbs, pine cones and twigs.
There you have it.  My Christmas Mantel.
Thank you so much for stopping by and taking a look.  It means the world to us.
Happy Decorating!

1 comment:

  1. I just saw this. love your wider mantel and of course your decor!!!

    Angela (from NJ)

    ReplyDelete

Turkey and Veggie Egg Bake

Hi!  We're so glad you stopped by!  I apologize for the lack of recipe updates.  To be honest, I didn't think anyone would want ...