Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Barn Wood Christmas Tree Box

Hi there.  We are so glad you stopped by!
Today, I want to share with you my newest, or should I say oldest, treasure.
It has a wonderful story behind it, which makes it so special to my husband and I.
It's our Christmas tree box.
My husband's cousin and his wife, now live on the farm that was once their grandparent's.  
On this homestead there is a grand barn.  After many, many years, the barn is going to be taken down.  My husband asked them if they would mind if we took some of the old barn wood. They said yes.  
I'm not going to lie, I did a happy dance.  More than one happy dance, actually.
We scored many treasures that day, which included a few barn doors and an old cow watering dish.  
Oh, be still my heart.
Well, as soon as we got the wood, I asked my husband if he would make a box for our Christmas tree.  
He agreed!
Every year we go with our children and grandchildren and cut down a real tree. 
The box had to be big enough to hold the tree stand, that would hold the water, for the tree. 
Because these stands are bigger than your typical stand, the box had to be bigger as well.
Since I need to water the tree, I needed to be able to access the stand.
So, our box had to have a door
Among some of the great items we were so blessed to be able to have, were old hinges.
  
What could be more perfect on an old barn wood box, with a door, than old hinges?  
I know - I was giddy with excitement!
I did not want to take away from the look of our Christmas tree box, so I decorated with white and silver bulbs, clear and metal snowflakes, pearls, and of course, burlap!
  
I thought it was the perfect look to go along with our new/old box.
This year I have fallen in love with all the different ways you can display your Christmas tree.  I thought this idea fit right in.
I hope this gives you that little push to try something different. 
Thank you so much for stopping by.  It means the world to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Turkey and Veggie Egg Bake

Hi!  We're so glad you stopped by!  I apologize for the lack of recipe updates.  To be honest, I didn't think anyone would want ...